07 January 2019

Catching up with Jason (i.e. It's 2019 already!)

Wow. I only posted once all last year.

I don't have enough of a readership to feel like I'm depriving the world of anything, but it's definitely on me to gather all the things I'm doing into one place.

I reviewed Josephine Decker's staggeringly good film Madeline's Madeline.

I wrote about Gus Van Sant's Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far On Foot.

I wrote about Ween!

I interviewed comedian Brandon Wardell.

I got to write about H.G. Webb, one of the greatest human beings that I know.

I reviewed Yorgos Lanthimos' The Favourite, which is a kinky delight. Also, I got to mention Radley Metzger in this one.

I got to write about Ganja and Hess, one of my favorite films of all time.

I had some thoughts on 2010: The Year We Make Contact.

I made my annual pilgrimage to the New York Film Festival (17 years running).

I talked about Nashville's inaugural Outloud Music Festival.

I got real into it writing about Wilson Phillips

Suspiria '18 brought out some feelings.

Even though Questlove totally flaked on the interview that was supposed to happen, I wrote about the 4U experience extensively.

I had to write about Mandy. I HAD to.

Oh yeah, and I interviewed Joel Hodgson.


So that's everything professionally that happened since the last one of these.

No comments: