14 December 2011

Film 2011: The Fifteen Best Uses of Pre-Existing Songs

Here, in ascending order, are the best instances of a film taking a song we may or may not have known and granting it some new context...

15) AIRIEL featuring ULRICH SNAUSS - Sugar Crystals
(from KABOOM)


14) ENYA - Orinoco Flow (Sail Away)
(from THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO)


13) CHIC - I Want Your Love
(from SHAME)


12) TECHNOTRONIC - Pump Up The Jam
(from TUCKER & DALE VERSUS EVIL)


11) DIANA ROSS - When We Grow Up
(from YOUNG ADULT)


10) TRENTEMOLLER - Shades of Marble
(from THE SKIN I LIVE IN)


09) RIZ ORTOLANI featuring KATYNA RANIERI - Oh My Love
(from DRIVE)


08) JOHN R. BUTLER - Hand of the Almighty
(from THE CATECHISM CATACLYSM)


07) WHAM! - Last Christmas
(from WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN)


06) JULIO IGLESIAS - La Mer (a l'Olympia)
(from TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY)


05) THE STONE ROSES - I Wanna Be Adored
(from I MELT WITH YOU)


04) WILSON PHILLIPS - Hold On
(from BRIDESMAIDS)


03) LISA LOUGHEED - Run with Us
(from HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN)


02) JOHN DENVER - Leaving on a Jet Plane
(from THE GUARD)

(Please note- the film doesn't use this duet version, but I mean, if you're not intrigued by John Denver and Cass Elliot singing it, then I fear for your soul)

01) ERIC CARMEN - It Hurts Too Much
(from SUPER)

No comments: