04 September 2008

Political Rant II.


It just keeps getting deeper. And I'm not talking about the book-banning, the venal vindictive abuse of power, the lying, or the hypocritical and inconsistent religious perspective. I'm talking about allowing your special needs child to be used as a prop. Yes, the special needs child that she was so concerned about that she flew AFTER HER WATER BROKE. The special needs child who, at four months old, has no business being treated like a baton in a relay.

What I don't understand is how she can be a hardcore pro-life 'team mom' christian and shirk her wifely concerns to run for any kind of public office. Pick-and-choose christianity is one of my big pet peeves, but this really does seem more shameless than usual. And Jon Stewart, last night on The Daily Show, while talking to Newt Gingrich, pointed it out beautifully- Sarah Palin is a woman who doesn't believe in abortion, even in cases of rape or incest, yet in reference to her seventeen year-old daughter's pregnancy, she refers to it as "Bristol's decision." And decision is just another word for choice.

I am over 'do as I say, not as I do' attitudes amongst our elected officials. Sarah Palin is a shameless hypocrite, and I don't trust her for a second.


Also, much love to Julie Brown for her devastating take on SP on her website and YouTube. I still think Tina Fey is the ideal Palin, but I'm so glad to see Julie back and in action.

And remember, "In Alaska, “Hockey Mom” is code for “Arctic Meth Princess.”"

No comments: