09 September 2016

Catching Up with Jason Shawhan.



I've been away from my website for awhile, and for that I bear a significant degree of shame. Here's what all I've been writing in the past few months.



An interview with Jack Pettibone Riccobono, director of the devastating and amazing documentary The Seventh Fire.

A review of the tragically underseen horror/SciFi film Morgan.

A review of the grotesquely nasty and surprisingly successful Don't Breathe.

A review of the new Ben-Hur, which is not what I expected. The best thing about it is the script, and that's not something I say very often about spectacles.

A review of Sausage Party, which is surprisingly subversive and affecting.

Oh God, Suicide Squad.

A review of Dressed to Kill, still infamous, still famous.

A profile on Bryan Ferry.

Not so much a review, but an assessment of Star Trek Beyond that also gets into the previous two films in the Kelvin timeline Trek films.

A review of Wiener-Dog wherein I get meta about the work of Todd Solondz.

A talk with comedian and impresario Seth Pomeroy about his new comedy endeavor.

A preview of the RuPaul's Drag Race Battle of The Seasons.

No comments: